Friday, July 11, 2014

Be Thankful For What You Have

Things have not been easy for me during the last couple of weeks.

As you know, I live in Israel. In southern Israel to be more precise.

The rockets attacks from Gaza have been continuous and, to be honest, I've been quite paranoid about it.

The Code Red siren warning about an imminent rocket attack can sound at any moment, and where I live we only have about 15 seconds to find a safe place to hide.
Since I don't have a shelter (bullet/bomb proof room) at home, I've been going somewhere else to sleep at night, where I can feel more secure.

Living in a situation like this would surely be hard for anyone, but it makes you feel thankful for what you have.
Many people take for granted having a shelter, food, health, etc., and focus on superfluous material things that are totally expendable.

Don't go blind. Don't be greedy. Focus on the basic things you have and be thankful for them. Many people would die for having just half of what you've got.

No comments:

Post a Comment